- Chants, songs, incense; the ringing jingle of the sistrum was central to Egyptian goddess worship.
- We have recreated this Egyptian sacred rattle to glorify Bast. Its tinkling evokes energy and a mood of good cheer.
- Egyptian Priestesses used sistrums to create a circle of protection around themselves and the deity image and to banish unwanted negative energy.
- Bast, the Sacred Cat, symbolized the moon in its function of making a woman fruitful, with swelling womb. She was also the Egyptian goddess of pleasure, music, dancing and joy.
- 11" copper and resin sistrum, black gold color finish.
|Dimensions||11 × 6 × 1.5 in|